Last updated: August 2021
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. We follow systematic and stringent procedures to protect the security of the information / data shared with us and stored on our website. The information that You have shared on our website is stored in a secure server with encryption and can be accessed only for official purposes. Any of our employees who violate our privacy and/or security policies related to customer’s data is subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination and civil and/or criminal prosecution.
Upon signing up on Our Website, you are required to provide us with certain basic mandatory information inter-alia Your name, date of birth and, mobile number, details We never request more information than is reasonably necessary to provide requested services. We assume all the information provided by You is true, accurate, current, non-misleading, consistent and relevant. Once the registration process is completed, the said mobile number and password can be used to access Your account every time You visit Our Website.
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT AND THAT YOU PROVIDE
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information means and includes all information that can be linked to a specific individual or to identify any individual, such as:
- Your full name, address, e-mail address, mobile number, date of birth and bank or payment card details and any proof of Your identity and/or address that we may request.
- Details of any transactions that you carry out through our website or application using your TruCard account and of the fulfilment of your requests.
- Details of any credit, debit or other card used by You for transactions.
- Details of any bank account (including but not limited to, account holder, account name, account number, sort code, online banking PIN, Transaction Authentication Number “TAN” and password, available balance and transaction history of Your bank account), ITR, TAX certificates or any other income documents as necessary by us.
- Any correspondence sent by you to us.
- Survey that you complete through the Website or based on our request.
- Your participation in any promotion sponsored by us.
- Calls that we make to you or you make to us.
- Information collected through cookies.
- Your IP address, log-in times, operating system and browser type
- Details of your visits to our website/ mobile application including, but not limited to, Traffic Data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access whilst visiting our website or mobile application.
- ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
- INFORMATION COLLECTED BY MERCHANTS
- Required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take commercially reasonable steps to notify You in the event that We are required to provide Your personal information to merchants as part of legal process.
- When We believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a written government request.
- If TruCard wallet becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, we will provide notice before personally identifying information becomes subject to a different privacy statement.
- To any other Merchant with Your prior consent to do so.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THIRD PARTY AD SERVERS
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information to provide you with services & products you explicitly requested for, like the following:
- To carry out Your instructions for making and receiving payments and undertake transactions using our services, including verifying that you have sufficient funds in your TruCard Wallet to make such payments.
- To operate and administer your TruCard account for providing services that you have requested.
- To notify you about changes to our service(s).
- To comply with financial services regulations including retention of financial information and transactions.
- For customer service, including answering questions and responding to feedback and complaints.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the website or mobile application.
- To improve our internal customer training.
- For financial and identity checks, fraud prevention checks, anti-money laundering and credit checks.
- To enhance the security of our services.
- To send you offers based on your previous orders and interests.
- To complete optional online surveys which may ask you for contact information and demographic information (like zip code, age, gender).
- RETENTION OF DATA
TruCard wallet is required, under applicable laws, to retain certain records for a period as suggested by regulatory authorities even after closure of your TruCard wallet account, which will include your personal data such as your name, contact details, customer number and transaction history, (“Retained Data”). Other than the Retained Data, we will delete and destroy all personal information that we hold about you when you (or we) terminate your TruCard account. We do not store your online banking login PIN, TAN and/or password. Please note that we will not store your credit card information. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your personal or security details by e-mail. If you receive any e-mail purportedly from us requesting your personal or security details, please do not respond to it (“such e-mail”). Please forward any such e-mail to [email protected] and thereafter delete the e-mail immediately.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties to provide you with services that we offer through TruCard wallet, conduct quality assurance testing, facilitate creation of accounts, provide technical and customer support, or provide specific services, such as synchronization of your contacts with other software applications, in accordance with your instructions. These third parties are required not to use your personal information other than to provide the services requested by you.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to take action regarding suspected illegal activities.
- Comply with legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order; or
- Protect our rights, reputation, and property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- We may disclose information in the aggregate to third parties relating to user behavior in connection with actual or prospective business relationship with those third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors.
- CONSEQUENCES OF NOT PROVIDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If You choose not to provide your Personal Information that is mandatory to process your request, TruCard wallet may not be able to provide the corresponding services.
TruCard Wallet has drawn up stringent security measures to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information provided by you under our control. At any point of time, when you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession, we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting the information against unauthorized access. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For example
- We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt the transmission of data on our website.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on TruCard wallet. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
- SERVER LOGS
In order to ensure easy and comfortable surfing on our website, each time you visit our website, the computer collects certain statistical information. These statistics are only used to provide us information in relation to the type of user using our website by maintaining history of page requests and at no point they identify the personal details of the user. We may make use of this data to understand as to how our website is being used.
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
The website is hosted in India. If you are accessing the website from outside India, your use of the website is governed by laws of India. You are transferring your personal information to India, and you consent to that transfer.
- If you would like to view the information, we have collected from you or you want to correct your information, please go to our login page and log into your account to view the above details and to review your personal information.
- If you believe that any information, we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at [email protected]
- We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
- This policy is effective from the date last updated.
Email Id: [email protected]
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION